Vander Haag's Website - FAQ/Help
Why should I create an account?
- Your vanderhaags.com account will allow you to view order history, track your orders, request product returns, see vehicle service history, approve service work on your vehicle, and many other AWESOME features!
How do I log in?
- Click on the "Login/Register" text after opening the menu in the top left corner of the screen
How do you store my information?
- We encrypt all personal data and do not save sensitive information like Credit Card numbers at all
Do I need to create an account to purchase?
- No. While we encourage you to create an account due to the many benefits associated, we allow for a "Guest Checkout" through our website
Can you pull orders into my account that were purchased over the phone, not through the website?
- Yes! Your vanderhaags.com account will allow you to view all transactions, whether purchased through our website cart or purchased over phone/email.
Can my account be set up as tax exempt?
- Yes! Email email@example.com a copy of your tax exempt certificate and we'll get it added to you account.
- We are transportation specialists! We deal in commercial Heavy-duty trucks, (Class 4-8 trucks) and heavy construction equipment. We offer service and repair, equipment sales and installation, used truck and trailers sales, and used, new, and rebuilt parts for sale. Check out our web page for any heavy truck or equipment needs! https://www.vanderhaags.com
What services do you provide?
- From diesel engine repair to body work to routine maintenance to frame modification, trust our experienced mechanics for all your truck and service needs. Other services include painting, air conditioning, brake/hub/rotor, clutch, differential, DOT Inspection, electrical, PTO/hydraulic, steering, suspension, transmission, trailer and more!
Do you sell whole trucks and whole equipment?
- Yes. We sell whole trailers, and equipment. Follow the link below to see our large inventory. https://www.vanderhaags.com/Search-Unit.php?inventorytype=truck
How do I set up a service appointment?
- Follow this link: https://www.vanderhaags.com/schedule.php
What whole equipment do you sell?
- We sell a variety of equipment such as Skid Steers, Telehandlers, , Dozers, and BoomLifts.We also sell equipment from John Deere, Clark, ASV, Genie, Mustang, and more!Follow this link to view our inventory: https://www.vanderhaags.com/Search-Unit.php?inventorytype=equipment-units
How do you get parts?
- Our buyer group finds donor trucks and equipment for us. Once we get those trucks to our 6 full-service yards, we inventory and “” (de-manufacture) the trucks. We store the trucks in our yards once we remove the engines and transmissions. Click on this link to see how done! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnqtQOt17R4
Is the complete truck available?
- No. If you see the listing as a part listing, the truck is getting parted out. Our complete, whole trucks are on this link: https://www.vanderhaags.com/Search-Unit.php?inventorytype=truck.
What is happening with my order once it is placed to when it is shipped?
- Good question! Once we get your paid order, we get to work. If the item is off the truck or a new item, our shipping dept will grab it and ship it as soon as they can – sometimes there can be waiting lines in our shipping departments. If the part is on the donor truck, the yard tech will pick (remove it) from the donor truck as soon as possible. Due to the high demand for our quality, parts, there can sometimes be a waiting line the yard and shipping departments. Do not worry – we are working as hard and as fast as we can to take care of our customers.
What is your used part guarantee?
- Haag’s guarantees our used parts to be in good, usable condition at the time of installation. If the part does not function properly or meet your expectations at the time of installation, you will be sent a new part or refunded the amount of the part, depending on the circumstances. This will be handled on a case-to-case basis. You can also read the warranty statement here: https://www.vanderhaags.com/warranty.php
What is the difference between “Ship Direct” and “Combine and Save”?
- Ship direct means we collect enough shipping to send you your multiple items individually from the different stores or warehouses. and means we will consolidate your order at one of our stores and ship from that one store to save some shipping costs.
When will my order ship?
- We will ship as fast as we can. There can be delays because of weather, personnel, and high-demand workloads.
Can you pick parts from the yard right away?
- Most of our six yards do have a waiting list. The yard pull time vary anywhere from a day to a week. Rest we are working our hardest to get your item to you!
Where does my part come from?
- We have three general locations where we source parts. The first locations are our expansive yards, the second are our extensive warehouses and the last location is our partner warehouses.
Where is my tracking number?
- There is a link called “View your order online” right on your order confirmation email. This link is your passport to the available information on your order. When the tracking number becomes available, you will find it under the “Shipping Info” heading.
I only received one part of my order. Where is the rest?
- Do not panic. If you bought multiple items and requested direct shipping, the items may arrive at different times. Please watch your tracking numbers.
I want to sell you my truck, how can I do that?
- Please click on this link: https://www.vanderhaags.com/sell-your-truck.php
My part arrived broken, what can I do?
- Do not fear, Customer Service is here! Please get in touch with us via the processing email and have pictures of the part ready to send to us. Also, make sure your email address is valid – this is how Customer Service will reach out to you.
How do I know if you have the part in stock?
- If you can add the part to your cart, it is in stock. It will also tell you on the part page below the price.
When will you get the part I need back in stock?
- Our inventory changes every day as we get new donor trucks in our stores. Please bookmark https://www.vanderhaags.com/index.php
How do I know if a part will fit my unit?
- To find out if a part will work for your unit, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 712-264-5317
How do I get the shipping price?
- If the shipping price is not listed once you put in your zip code, continue the checkout process to request a manual freight quote.
Can someone help me find the part I need?
- Yes! Follow this link to submit a part request! https://www.vanderhaags.com/partrequest.php
Can I buy online and still pick it up at the store?
- Yes! Once you checkout, you can select the in-store pickup option to pick it up in-store.
Is hardware included with the purchase?
- No, hardware and brackets are not included unless specifically stated.
That's right! We recycled a total of 22,630,818 POUNDS of truck parts in 2021! This number does not include scrap, but only the parts that were reused by you, our loyal customers! Vander Haag's has been in the business of recycling parts for over 80 years. We are proud to have a positive impact on the environment by reducing the amount of parts that would, under normal circumstances, end up in landfills. The total weight of reused parts in 2021 is an increase from 2020 when we recycled 20,227,983 pounds and a huge increase from 2019 when we recycled 16,756,836 pounds of parts.
In 2019, we added a real-time counter to the Vander Haag's website on the homepage that allows visitors to see how many pounds of parts we have recycled year-to-date. Not only are we having a positive impact on the environment, but we are also helping truck owners save money... saving a truck owner or operator nearly 50% the cost of a new part without sacrificing the life expectancy of the part! Wow!! Vander Haag’s takes pride in the amount of quality inspected parts readily available for purchase online or by phone.
Here are a few other ways that we have a positive impact on the environment:
- We use recycled oil to heat our facilities.
- We are adding solar panels to each location to assist in powering our facilities.
- We reusing boxes and pallets to ship products to customers.
- We recycle and reuse antifreeze.
- We used recycled diesel fuel to operate our loaders, telehandlers, etc. that keep our yard and warehouses operating smoothly.
What other ways do you think we can help the environment?
Meet the Team
Please meet Amanda Lyon from our Parts Sales Department in Spencer, Iowa!
Amanda has been a part of the Vander Haag’s team for nearly 3 ½ years. During that time, she has filled a number of different roles on the Parts Sales team: E-bay Sales; phone sales; helped out “unofficially” in shipping & receiving, and currently works at the front counter at the Spencer store. She really enjoys the variety that comes with her job. “I don’t think there is a ‘typical’ day. No 2 days are the same… that’s the type of work environment I like.”
Amanda initially got her start with Vander Haag’s in 2015. She had 12 years sales experience and attended college for Business Management/Human Resource prior to joining our team. “I grew up around salvage yards and still currently help my dad with his when I can, so I wasn’t unfamiliar with the industry.” She worked for Vander Haag’s for a little over a year and then (after a brief stint at another employer) came back to the Vander Haag’s team in Parts Sales.
The thing she enjoys the most about her current role is winning repeat business and receiving positive customer reviews. Side note: earlier this year, we had a customer specifically recognize Amanda’s efforts to help him out: “I manage the parts dept. for a heavy duty repair facility in upstate New York and Vander Haags is my 1st call for recycled parts. Amanda has been my go to since day one, her knowledge and professionalism have been off the charts...”
Outside of work, Amanda is an avid dirt track racing fan. She still enjoys helping her dad on his race car when she can. She also enjoys cooking and smoking food, and spending time with family. “For my graduation party, my dad let me get his stock car out and race around the farm that night. A lot of great memories!”
Here’s a few things you may not know about Amanda:
· She’s an early riser! By the time she gets to work, she’s usually got her workout in for the day already.
· She won a dirt track race in her dad’s race car in 2010 and has been helping her dad in the pits since she was 16!
· While in high school, she received 2 years of college credits towards an auto tech degree from Iowa Central Community College.
Thanks for being a part of the Vander Haag’s team, Amanda!
We’re thankful and blessed to have you here!
This month, we would like to introduce you to Daniel Salas from our Parts Sales Department in Kansas City, Missouri! Daniel has been a part of the Vander Haag’s team for just over 7 years now. Besides being a long-term employee, Daniel also finished in the top 3 in overall parts sales the past 3 years!
Daniel has worked in the Parts Sales Department during his entire time at Vander Haag’s. Prior to working at Vander Haag’s, his daily commute actually took him past the site where construction on our Kansas City site was under way. “I happened to drive by one day and saw that something was being built so I went home and searched the internet to see exactly what Vander Haags was. I had been looking for something a little closer to my home because I was driving 35 mins each way to work every day. Everything that I has just read about the company seemed like a place that I would be interested in. I put application in and met with Eric [Krikke] and was hired about a week later and haven't looked back since.”
Besides shortening up his previous commute, Daniel has also enjoyed the variety of things he gets to tackle each day in the parts department. “I don’t know if there is a ‘basic’ day. If there was one, it would consist of helping walk-in customers, taking incoming phone calls, and making outbound calls to follow up on previous quotes. Sometimes, I’m contacting customers we haven’t heard from in a while just to see how they’re doing.”
In his spare time, Daniel enjoys spending time with his family and watching sports. “I really enjoy attending sporting events, but with no fans in the stands this year at Royals games that got cut out… but I like watching sports in general and the restart of sports on TV helped with that.”
Daniel is also newly engaged! He and his fiancée Julie plan to be married sometime in the spring of 2022.
Thanks for being a part of our team, Daniel! We’re fortunate and blessed to have you as a member of our team in Kansas City. All the best to you & your fiancée on your engagement!